Current status: Independent Communications Professional
Broad experience in communications, writing and editing
Twenty years working on a project basis for a wide variety of clients: corporate, government, non-profit, media. Can develop communications from strategy through tight production deadlines and coordinate the work of teams.
Selected communications clients
- Wells Fargo: On team of writers and project managers who developed content for annual benefits enrollment in 2012 and 2014. Also on team that updated benefits website in 2013. Three contracts: June 2014-December 2014; July 2012-March 2013.
- Bank of the West: Wrote employee communications for website and email; 2013-2014.
- Allianz Life Insurance: Wrote, edited press releases, media kits, FAQs, internal content; 2015.
- HealthTech Communications Group: Developed web copy, case studies, and reports on health information technology for the California state health IT agency (Cal OHII); 2011-2014.
- Oregon Office of Health Information Technology (OHIT): Managed and wrote Oregon’s 200-page strategic and operational plan for Health IT; also wrote web copy, weekly email news summary and other deliverables; 2010-2012.
- Robinson & Associates Consulting: Writer on team that developed national research report on patient identification for federal Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT; 2013-2014.
- American Organization of Nurse Executives: Write weekly email newsletter; 2014 to present.
- Siebel Energy Institute: Write profiles of researchers for website; 2016 to present.
Current media clients
- Univadis [website for doctors]: Curate and summarize daily health policy and practice management news; January 2017 to present.
- Annals of Emergency Medicine: Write health policy features; 2007 to present.
- Managed Care magazine: Write health policy news and features; 2014 to present.
Previous full-time employment
- Las Vegas Review Journal: health and medical reporter
- San Luis Obispo Telegram Tribune: environment and politics reporter
- Hospitals & Health Networks magazine: senior writer
- Alameda Free Library Foundation: president, 2012-2014
- Friends of the Alameda Library: currently serve on publicity, social media committees
- California State University, Fullerton: B.A., Communications, news-editorial